Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Salvation Sunday: Laughter from Heaven...and Poop

We ventured back to my parents house this weekend, since we didn't visit much on Sunday. We visited on Saturday, went to Church and then went to Carroll for dinner at the Pizza Ranch.

After dinner, we were going to go home. But I thought we'd swing by the cemetery and visit my grandfather's grave. My grandfather and I were very close growing up. I was always his "Blondie". He passed away my Senior year of High School.

The boys were excited to see their "great grandpa Pat" and I was excited to show them his headstone. I was starting to feel the tears well up in my eyes when I noticed my arm, where I was holding the toddler, felt...moist.

I looked and sure enough, he had a blow out. Where do I change a diaper in the middle of a cemetery? Well, right where I am. I called out to my husband who was still in the car and had him bring the diaper bag.

I made the toddler lay down, right where we were and changed his diaper. It was SO gross, as blowouts usually are. And just then I started laughing...and I knew my Grandfather was laughing as well. And my Great Aunt and Great Uncle, who are buried right there too...

So just when I thought I was going to cry, I laughed. All because of poop...and the strange things we laugh at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...