Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Salvation Sunday: Freedom

Happy Birthday, America! Every Fourth of July,I think about how I felt on the Fourth of July in 2007.

My husband was in Wisconsin, training to go to Iraq for a year. I attended an Iowa Cubs game with my toddler son and in-laws. And I missed my husband. It was nice to see so many patriotic people. It filled my heart with pride and love. And I got teary eyed when they played "God Bless America".

Every Fourth of July has meant more to me after my husband's service. Every Fourth of July I thank God for keeping my husband safe. I thank God for allowing me to live in such a great country. I thank God for giving us soldiers who are willing to serve, to serve away from their loved ones and even to die so we may be free.

Thomas Jefferson once said, "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time: the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them."

Thank you, God, for giving us life and freedom. The Bowmans are a proud military family...and I have a feeling the tradition of serving our Country will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...