Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Salvation Sunday: Saving Our Roots

Earlier this year you heard me talking about Saving the barn. And we did it. While the barn was sold to a private church (for $1) and moved, it was not destroyed. Now the school looks so generic. Almost like the office building just across the street. The one defining unique building is gone, but not lost to history.

In an interview the night they were moving the barn, a reporter asked me "If your group hadn't stepped in, do you think we'd be here today?" I responded, "No. I think it was our involvement and with the help of the power of the press, we exposed the Community to the injustice that was being done by the School Board.

Now that the barn has been saved, I have turned my attention to St. Patrick's Church. You can read the blog here. I posted about how St. Patrick's Church always recharges my spirit right here on Mommy's Recess. The Bishop has written a letter about the future of the Church. I hope that I can do the Church the same preservation I gave the barn. I've even contacted some of my "barn folk" to see if they'd be interested in helping us out.





Whether it's a barn or a Church, it's my roots. And I'm determined to save them. I'm a Catholic girl where my farming roots run deep. Our history must be preserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...