Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Make Monday: Cute Crayon Craft---GREAT Teacher Gift

I originally came across this craft at Stop, Drop and Blog and thought it would be a cute gift for Liam's Preschool Teacher. I found a tutorial Rainy Tuesday Morning's Blog and the original is at Testosterone Times Three.

I am not a crafty person....repeat, NOT a crafty person. I can draw stick figures. That's about it. So while I wanted to do this, I knew it would take a bit of patience on my part. Seeing this is a project for Liam's teacher, I wanted to include him in this project. Read: More patience required.

I received a shadowbox and crafting glue from my mother in law. Did I mention I'm not crafty? Yeah. Going into Hobby Lobby gives me hives. I traced an outline, cut the crayons with a butcher knife and glued them to the paper. Finally after letting it sit and then placing it in the shadowbox, Ms. Pam's Christmas gift was completed.

I think it turned out okay...don't you?


2 comments:

  1. This is SUPER cute Sarah! You did a great job!! I am definitely stealing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is the cutest idea I have come across yet! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...