Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Toy Thursday: Toys, Toys, Toys!

I am excited for Christmas this year. After all, they say Christmas is for the children. Judah is finally at that age where he will enjoy opening gifts and get excited about playing with them. And I cannot wait to watch him.

I will enjoy watching his face light up as he opens the gifts I am certain he will like. With pleasure, I will take pictures of daddy on the floor with Judah as they build, zoom, and play. Then together he and his two other cousins will be running around strewn wrapping paper and bows bouncing with excitement from one toy to another.

You remember what it is like to await Christmas morning. Some kids shake, prod, and even secretly unwrap the presents. You are so nervous and giddy with excitement that you wake up early, tiptoe out to the tree, and look at the gifts with anticipation. Finally, when you reach the time to unwrap presents, you dig in to find that one desired toy, savoring the excitement.

The special toys I remember receiving over the years were my dolls, my Tiny Tears, then my Cabbage Patch doll, and finally my American Girl doll, Molly. I remember being so surprised but very pleased, holding onto those dolls all day, dressing and cuddling them.

Not much has changed. You may be grown-up but let's face it, you are still excited about Christmas. I think I am more excited about watching Judah's face then for anything else. I picked out those toys with love and planning.

So what for the messy house with the wrapping paper across the floor, the dirty breakfast dishes in the sink, and the required hopping between pieces of toys. Enjoy this family time together as that is the real gift. That is where I am headed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...