Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Shuffle Saturday: Making a (Grocery) List and Checking it Twice

More often than not, I find myself heading to the store and realizing that I have left my grocery list. Things are crazy with three kids under the age of 6! Usually I can remember the necessities and get what is needed. During the holidays, however, my list often contains items that I don't usually use: condensed sweetened milk, baking chips etc etc.

It's important, when you want to bake and make items you normally don't make, to make a grocery list, complete with amounts needed. This will ensure you're not taking unnecessary trips to the grocery store...or unwanted text messages to your husband with a "Please pick up on your way home..."

This time of year, the store is filled with frazzled shoppers there for just a bag of flour, or a cart full of items for a family dinner. Making sure you've got everything you need in one trip will help you to not become one of the frazzled shoppers.

Compare and plan. Clip coupons and check ads. Make a list, check it twice, and stick to it. Sometimes it helps to shop with a buddy, someone who will help you keep to your list and avoid the impulse buys.


But most of the time it helps to leave the kids at home, as they have a tendency to add more items to the cart than what you went for. And by kids, I mean all of them. Including the 30 year old you're married to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...