Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Food Friday: Leftover Ham

My mother in law likes to make a large spread for Thanksgiving. We're talking turkey AND ham AND chicken and noodles AND...AND...so there are always plenty of leftovers. But what is one to do with all of them? A week of tasty and easy dishes are ahead, that's for sure.

But you can only eat so many ham sandwiches. Besides, the ham is never really sliced thin enough for a good ham sandwich. You can always heat it up with eggs for breakfast or tear it up and put it in omelets. So you've got breakfast covered...but what about the other meals?

One night this past week, I was working on writing and the ever so popular question, "What's for dinner, Mom" popped up over and over. I knew we still had some leftover ham, and knowing that writer's block could hit anytime, I needed to make something fast.

I grabbed two boxes of scalloped potatoes out of the cupboard. I mixed it up as directed on the box, tore the remaining ham into bite sized pieces and popped it back in the oven. I served it with beets and dinner rolls and we were good to go! A warm, hearty meal that everyone loved that was quick, easy and cleaned some leftovers out of the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...