Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Toy Thursday: Boy Toys...But Yoda in the Place of Baby Jesus?

I am a mom of three boys. THREE. Which is why my personal blog is titled   Surviving in a Male Dominated Home. I knew that when we were expecting our first boy, I'd be exposed to the world of Star Wars, G.I. Joes, Cars, etc. I didn't have a problem with that. What I didn't realize was HOW exposed I'd be to all of the boy things.

When I do get the rare occasion of taking a quiet bath by myself, I often find I'm not alone. I'm usually joined by Aquaman, a couple of Army guys, maybe a car or two and Shrek. And I'm fine with that. My boys have their bath toys and it keeps them occupied while we wash their hair.

Setting up the Nativity Set is always a family event. Growing up, we always kept baby Jesus "hidden" until Christmas Eve. After Christmas Eve Mass, Mom would bring us Baby Jesus and we'd place him in the scene with the rest of the Holy Family. I always enjoyed this tradition and wanted to continue it with my children.

We set up the Nativity Set, my husband put Baby Jesus away and that was one more Christmas decoration done. Imagine my surprise when I saw this...

I was informed that Christmas Yoda was keeping Baby Jesus' place warm. The leg lamp was so they could see at night, if Baby Jesus arrived.

I'm a mother of boys. And they're using their imagination, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...