Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Salvation Sunday: Preparing for Jesus

I was reminded by my five year old that it is only one week until Christmas. Only ONE week?!? I have so many things to do! Presents need wrapped, cookies need baked, the gingerbread house needs built...where did December go?

And last night, when everyone was in bed asleep, rather than visions of sugarplums dancing in my head was a list of all that needed to be done. But my brain said, "Stop. Enjoy this time. And remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas."

So I got out of bed and watched my boys sleep. I covered each of them up and gave them a kiss. I crept back into bed and thanked God for all of the blessings he's given me. A roof over my head. A full stomach. Three wonderfully noisy boys and a snoring husband who works hard to provide for us.

I thanked God for sending his only son to save us. I thanked Mary for all she went through raising and then losing her only son. I thanked Jesus for what he shared with us. His knowledge, his caring attitude, his life.

And then the presents that needed to be wrapped, the cookie mixes that were not yet baked, the Christmas cards I still don't have sent out didn't seem to be that big of a deal.

Jesus is the reason for the season. Remember that this week when you're feeling overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...