Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Toy Thursday: Christmas Tales!

One of my favorite memories each Christmas growing up was the anticipation of a new book to read. I remember receiving Little Women, The Big Woods, and my Grandma Attic books for Christmas and reading them during the winter season.

I enjoyed reading so much that I would curl up in some new, flannel pajamas and read for as long as I was allowed before bed. As I got older, I would stay up even later and later just to finish one more chapter (yeah, right). Sometimes and even now I skip ahead to the last chapter only to go back and read the chapters in between to see what I missed.

Now I can carry on my love for the written word to my family by sharing the books I enjoyed as a child and adolescent. I still have them. Pulling them off the shelf, I have started reading some of the age appropriate books to my son Judah, especially the Holiday books.

I recommend curling up with these seasonal favorites as a family during this Christmas season as the snowflakes fall.

Toddler:
The Mitten by Jan Brett

Child:
Annie and the Wild Animals by Jan Brett

Junior High:
The Family Under the Bridge by Natalie Savage Carlson

Merry Christmas, Miss McConnell
by Collen O'Shaughnessy McKenna

What are your favorite Holiday books?

Start your own tradition of reading your literary favorites together. Curl up by the fire and enjoy places your imagination can take you through words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...