Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Toy Thursday: Surviving The Holiday

There are SO many toy commercials. Honestly, I was expecting more political commercials than toy commercials, living in Iowa one month away from the caucus. But I couldn't be that lucky.

Woah. Wait. Did I just call myself lucky to sit through political commercials? I did. I must be losing it. And Mattel must have a larger advertising budget than Mitt Romney.

But every time my kids see a commercial for something the TV tells them they need...they want it. The toy commercials have even infiltrated my evening news.

24 days until Christmas. We'll be watching a lot of IPTV (commercial free) and less Nickeloden between now and then. I'm done toy shopping for the boys and I don't want them to decide there's something they need between now and then.

And then there's the Pampers "Silent Night" commercial that never fails to make me weepy. And even though they scream and fight and yell for toys, they're my little angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...