Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tip Tuesday: Battle the Dry Air

Last week my husband blamed me for dripping hair color (purple) on our bedspread. I thought I had been really careful about it. I guess I wasn't.

And then I found a variety of dark red spots on the tile in our bathroom floor. Again, I didn't think I was that crazy with the hair color...but I guess I was.

And on Saturday, the real culprit reared his little furry head. As I was getting ready for our housewarming party, Beckett, our cat, came in and used his litterbox. On the way out of the swinging door, he sneezed. Blood sprayed everywhere. I screamed for my husband and he came running, holding the cat in the bathroom so he wouldn't drip blood on the new (cream) carpet.

"Gimme some cotton balls," demanded my husband who was holding Beckett down as Beckett continued to sneeze and spray blood.

I went to the "stockpile" in our closet and grabbed the first thing that made sense. A maxi-pad. It IS what it is for. So here's my husband, holding a feminine pad under our cats nose as he continues to sneeze and spray blood. Still.

"Cottonballs," yelled my husband. I finally found them and he did get the bleeding to stop...but it took about 20 minutes. My husband, who notoriously gets bloody noses in the winter, informed me that he had one a few days before.

We love the new house but it is so big that it makes it hard for a pot of boiling water to humidify the air...unlike the apartment.

So I've been air drying the items I know my husband isn't picky about and trying to occasionally boil water. I also leave the bathroom door open when I shower to help by getting some of the humidity into the house.

After the last big nose bleed of the cat, my husband put some Neosporin on his nose. That seemed to help....that and what I've done to put some humidity in the home.

At least I know it wasn't my hair color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...