Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Salvation Sunday: The Magic of Christmas

Quite often we get a little too wrapped (pun intended) up in all of the Christmas traditions, baking, gifts etc etc.

The other night, Daddy was getting off of work late, I was tired and didn't want to cook dinner and we agreed to meet at Pizza Ranch (or Pizza Ants, as Sean calls it).

Daddy had a small mishap at work (bus accident, but he's fine) and was running late. The kids were hungry, and tired, and whiney, and fighting and and and...mom had enough.

Even though I knew Daddy wouldn't be able to meet us for a while, I loaded the kids in the van and we drove around looking at Christmas lights.

Baby B has started saying, "WOW! WOWOW!" at the Christmas lights. It was too cute. But Liam stole the show. He exclaimed, "Mommy! My heart is so full of Christmas joy I feel like it could explode!!"

And while that's not a very traditional Christmas vision, it made my heart warm. I knew what he was trying to say. I knew what he meant. And it was sweet.

Because I remember feeling that way about Christmas when I was a kid. And when he said it, I had that feeling return again.

It is magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...