Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Make Monday: Make It Festive (And Smell Good Too)--Even If It Includes Mr. Hankey

Yesterday I came across a recipe for applesauce and cinnamon ornaments. The kids seemed excited about them to we made them. When I say "we", I mean "I". They stuck around for about 5 minutes before playing with the Angry Birds set.

When it came time to pick out the shapes, they were all about it. We have snowmen, Christmas trees, Candy Canes, Gingerbread Men and stockings.




I found I had just a bit of dough left, and not wanting to waste anything, I did something I wasn't proud of.

We made a Mr. Hankey Christmas ornament. It wasn't my finest parenting hour. But the kids had fun and it will make for a conversation starter at our house warming party.

The recipe I used is as follows:
3/4 cup applesauce
1 bottle (4.12 ounces)of ground cinnamon

That's it. Mix it, roll it, cut it. Before baking, use a straw to cut a hole in the top of the ornament so you can string it and hang it on the tree.

Bake at 200 degrees for 2.5 hours. It will make your house smell AWESOME.

Even if the last bit of dough is in the shape of, well, Christmas poo.




I love being a mom of boys, I love being a mom of boys, I love being a mom of boys.


(Note: Mr. Hankey was my HUSBAND'S idea.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...