Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tip Tuesday: Frugal and Festive Holiday Decorations

It will be nice when I can decorate my whole Christmas tree...but for now, we'll just decorate the top half.

Now that we have hardwood floors, I knew I didn't want to put any breakable ornaments on the tree. I can just see it...the boys come running, crash into the tree and there would be green, red, gold and silver glass shards all over the floor.

Nope. Not going to happen.

But I really hate having decorations that I can only use once a year and knowing they're just sitting in a box in storage. It doesn't seem like a good use of property.

So I grabbed some vases and put the glass balls in them. I put three vases in our front entry way, one on the boys bathroom counter and one on our bathroom counter.


The boys bathroom with glass balls in a vase


Master Bathroom


Front entry way


It really gave all of the rooms a festive feel and it didn't cost anything as I already had the supplies!

1 comment:

  1. I like to do that every year too. It is so simple but really a pretty and festive touch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...