Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Toy Thursday: What My Kids WON'T Be Getting This Christmas

Is it just me or are toys getting stranger and stranger? What happened to the normal toys we had growing up?? That being said, here's a list of toys that my kids WON'T be getting at Christmas (or birthday, or ever).

1. Doggie Doo Game



Really? A game where you feed a dog and press its tail and it poops. And then you have to clean it up. And how is this fun? Ew.

2. Pop the Pig


You feed a pig burgers until his tummy bursts. Again, ew.

3. Squinkies

Here's a great idea...let's encourage our children to play with something that is super small and a choking hazard. What could go wrong?? Pass.

It reminds me of this SNL sketch.

My kids will not be getting "Mr. Skin Grafter", "Doggie Dentist", "Johnny Switchblade, Adventure Punk" or a "Bag of Glass".

Call me a mean mom. But I might just stick with Duplo toys and trucks.

3 comments:

  1. My daughter (who is 5) LOVES squinkies. They are wonderful for increasing small motor strength. (opening each ball, turning the dial on the gumball machine, putting them on and taking them off the cake)...my daughter experiences Autism and this is a GREAT toy for her. She can also work on categorizing and sequencing. They are also wonderful for pretend play (we have the Disney Princesses) We LOVE squinkies

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. Feel free to check out my blog to see how we play!

    Http://histreasuredprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a two year old and one year old (as well as a six year old) and they just seem a little too chok-able too me...at least for the little guys.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...