Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wash Wednesday: Laundry for Packing!

Laundry is always something that has to be done before you can finish packing your suitcases. Today I did just that with washing over five loads of laundry to get caught up on clean clothes so that we can leave town later this week.

I like to allow myself a couple of days in advance to do laundry. And I try to get every last bit done so that I can leave an empty laundry room to dump dirty clothes in when we get back. As I fold it, I lay out what we need and put the rest away in the proper drawers. I then start packing with the items laying out which saves me a step of putting everything away.

My laundry room is now clean but I know I will end up with more clothes that we want to take since we are doing multiple Christmas celebrations. Most of the time, we wear clothes we know we are not taking. Even so, I always end up with enough at the last minute that need washed. So I will rewash a load in a couple of days right before we leave.

How do you tackle packing the clothes for your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...