Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wash Wednesday: Check the pockets!

One of the first things my mom taught me about laundry, clean out the pockets. The rule, "Finders Keepers" applies to money found in pockets while doing laundry. But always, ALWAYS clean out the pockets.

I usually do. I try to adhere to the rule. After all, my husband usually has change in his pocket (and I do give it to Liam). But the other night, I was busy. My husband was working late and I was in charge of all three boys. My husband was working a 14 hour shift so I was in charge of breakfast, lunch, dinner, AND bath duty. I loathe his long days because usually something gets forgotten. This day? It was the pockets.

Baby and I were also suffering from a head cold. Stuffy nose, headache, fever and chills...not a good day. We had only been to the Chiropractor that day, so they shouldn't have had anything in their pockets. I ran the clothes through the wash and noticed something in the bottom of the washer--AFTER I had started the dryer.

I picked the little brown balls out of the dryer and I thought to myself "What the?". I had to play Mom's favorite game, "Poop or chocolate." Sniff test. Nothing. Same size. *BING* The light bulb went off. M&M's minus the candy shell. One of the boys must have gotten them from my mother in law at the Chiropractor's office (she works there) and put them in his pocket.


Melts in your mouth, not in your washer. As long as it's a cold load.
And then the siren went off with the light bulb...DRYER! I stopped it and thankfully it hadn't dried any chocolate into the clothes. Picked a few more of the chocolate pieces out of the dryer, and let it finish. Whew.

Lesson learned. No matter how busy you are, check the pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...