Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Food Friday: AMAZING Pork Loin--from a Mishmosh of Ingredients

When I cook and get a little experimental, it can go one of two ways. Either it's really really REALLY good, or we end up ordering pizza.

I had purchased a LARGE pork loin on sale and had so much, I cut it into thirds. I made 1/3 of it into apple butter pork tenderloins for dinner over the weekend.

Wanting to try something new and different, I thought I'd try a stuffed pork loin. I took out one remaining piece of the 1/3 of the pork. I cut it on the bottom third and flipped it out, then on the bottom again, and folded it out, I did it one more time and ended up with a long, flat pork loin.

I took cinnamon raisin bread and soaked it in apple juice. I mixed in a little apple butter and nutmeg. After mixing it all together, I spread the mixture on the pork. I rolled the loin up (like a cinnamon roll) and placed it in the glass baking dish seam side down, in about a cup of apple juice.

After baking covered with foil for 1 hour at 350 degrees, I had crushed fresh pomegranate seeds and poured the juice over the loin. I baked it for another 30 minutes. After taking it out of the oven, I let it sit for 15 minutes before cutting it. It was so juicy, sweet and tender.

Notice all of the juice from the apple juice, apple butter, pomegranate and the pork. The pomegranate juice made the top of the loin brown nicely.

I forgot to take a picture of what it looked like on the inside until we were halfway through eating. I'm kind of embarrassed to say that the four of us put it all down. It was that good. Liam said he was in a "yummy pork raisin, apple, heaven." He asked for it again the next night. I think this dish goes in the "repeat" list.
Here's what it looks like cut. You can see the cinnamon roll look of the apple butter/cinnamon raisin bread mixture in the middle.

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...