Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday: What We're Thankful for This Year!

Psalm 118:1   Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Even though it should be Toy Thursday, we thought it would be fun to have a "Thankful Thursday" for Thanksgiving.

Here are the top ten (four each and two together) things we're thankful for:

Sarah is thankful for:

1. A healthy baby boy this year. At this time last year, I had no idea I was even pregnant. I didn't find out until December and had a healthy baby in July! He's happy and healthy. I'm so thankful.

2. Making the decision with my husband for me to stay at home with our boys. I've always wanted to be an at home mom and writer, but never thought it would be possible. With my husband's support and hard work outside of the home as well as a few blessings of writing work, we're making it and I'm loving it.

3.Family and Friends. Our family (my husband's and mine) are always willing to help us out, whether it be with watching the boys so I can have a break (or a nap) or new tires or homemade food so I don't have to scramble to make a nice meal when my husband works late. Our friends were so great when our son was born, visiting me in the hospital, cooking meals, giving gifts.

4. My ever evolving relationship with God. My faith has been tested a few times this past year, but I always find my way back to Him and end up being stronger because of it.

Emma is thankful for:

5. I am thankful for our health. With several surgeries over the last year and a half, you realize how short and precious life really is. So I am thankful to have this day to spend with my family.

6. All you have to do is look around the world to see poverty and huger. We seem so rich in comparison even with our meager belongings and humble home. I am thankful for the roof over our head, that we know no hunger or cold, and that we have work this year.

7. I am thankful for my family and friends. Amidst all the whining and crying, I really enjoy those special times with my son whether cuddling or reading books. Then on top of that I am happily married to a wonderful husband who works hard day after day to provide and care for his family.

8. Perhaps what I am most thankful for is God and my relationship with Him. Not only can I come to Him with my burdens each day, but He continues to help me each step of the way through my journey here on earth. I am in awe of Him, his power, and his continuity. He always supplies me with just enough strength and grace to get through the day. And when I do fail, He forgives me again and picks me back up.

We're thankful for:

9. Good friends, fun playdates, and projects. We're thankful we have another project to work on together and thankful we get to spend a few hours together every week for our fun playdates to keep our mom sanity.

10. Our loyal readers. Without you, we'd just be blabbing to no one. So thank you for helping us while we hope we help you. We are blessed to have a country that allows us all to participate in something like this.

1 Thessalonians 5:18   give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Take a few minutes to reflect on what you are thankful for this year. In the meantime, from our families to yours, may you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...