Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Toy Thursday: My Love/Hate Relationship with McDonald's Toys

McDonalds Toys. I love them and I hate them. Well, I don't hate them. We don't use the word hate in our house. Just like we don't use the word Democrat in our house, but that's for another post.

I am convinced that at night, McDonald's toys mate and multiply. It seems they are everywhere. And when the kids go out with Grandma and Grandpa, they always bring more home.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming Grandma and Grandpa for ALL of the toys. It is partially my fault. See, on Wednesdays, they have Happy Meals at a discounted price. Wednesday is also known as "Happy Meal Wednesday" in our house. Because my 4 year old can put down 8 nuggets, and my 18 month old can eat at least 4, I end up having to buy 3 meals. Sometimes I buy four meals and then a 1.00 sandwich for myself. We share all of the fries, they eat their nuggets (and I eat a few too) and this way, I rarely have to buy chocolate milk because I have four little jugs of chocolate milk in the fridge. 


But it comes with all of the toys. Oh the toys. These are just a few of what I was able to grab quickly out of my son's room.

While they're cheap and the kids seem to love them, they're everywhere. Which is why I have this relationship with the toys.

2 comments:

  1. I recycle them in my purse because they are usually small enough. Then when we go somewhere I pull them out. But with that said, I only have a few and I already hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have avoided (mostly) the kids meal toys. My kids (3 & 19 months) see the toys that are on display but don't know that they come with meal. Instead we buy a 10 piece nugget meal and the 2 of them split that. This way we try to avoid the whole toy issue.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...