Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wash Wednesday: Cleaning the Shelves (A Couponing Post)

If you were hoping to learn how to best clean your cupboards or shelves in the fridge, this isn't that post. This is about those who coupon...and refuse to think of others.

I'm glad other people are learning how to coupon. In this economy, it'd be silly NOT to learn how to save money. But come on, people. Stop the shelf clearing.

I've been a couponer for years. I take what I need and what I have a coupon for. What I DON'T do is fill my cart with 40 of the same item, clearing the shelves and leaving none for others.

It's great you have 40 coupons that make your 40 bags of cat food free. But do you really need 40 bags of free cat food? Unless you're employed by Animal Rescue League or you run a kitty mill, I doubt it. I'm just trying to get ONE bag. Just ONE. And the shelf is always clear. Knock it off.

I've even branched out and visited other Targets/Walgreens searching for a shelf that someone hasn't cleared, only to find it too is gone.

And yes, it makes me angry to see people in my facebook group posting pictures of their stockpiles of excess...whether it be paper towels or cat food...something I'm trying to get ONE of. Especially when they brag, "I've never couponed before and now I'm overloaded. Hahaha." Stop.

Maybe I should call my local stores and see when they get trucks in, but you know what? I'm an exhausted mother. I'm working full time from home, I've got three little boys and I'm expecting. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense for me to pack everyone up and run to the store for free paper towels, before the shelves are cleared.

Here's what I'm asking, think of others. Don't be selfish. Don't clear the shelves. And remember, there's a fine line between stockpiling and hoarding.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo with you one this. I have actually almost completely stopped using my coupons and found other ways to save money because of this. I went to a local store one morning with about 5 coupons. They were great deals and I was excited. I did not get one item, because there was a hoard of women clearing everything out. I'm beginning to wonder if this "excess" is what is causing the coupons to not be as great as they used to. When I first started clipping, I was the odd one....now, I don't really want to be part of this new craze. Love your thoughts on this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...