Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tip Tuesday: A GOOD Hotel in the Minneapolis Area

This past weekend my family and I went on an impromptu trip to Minneapolis. We wanted to look at furniture at IKEA and take the kids to the Mall of America. I went on hotels.com looking for a room that was nice, inexpensive and close to the mall.

I was lucky enough to book a Hampton Inn and Suites, only .5 miles from the mall and included free wireless, a pool and free breakfast for only $99 a night. But it was worth so much more.

First off, we got there late and they hadn't given our room away (like my husband feared). The beds were SO soft. The next morning, breakfast was awesome. Scrambled eggs, waffles, yogurt, cereal, doughnuts, bagels, sausages, apple and orange juice and milk...it was great.

We spent all day (7 hours) at the Mall of America. When we returned, the kids were pleased to see their "babies" (fluffy the dog, Buzz Lightyear and Cabbage Patch doll) lined up on their made bed. We decided to hit the pool--just to wear the kids out a bit more. After the pool, I asked the front desk for a place they could suggest for pizza. They handed me a flier for a local pizza joint with coupons! SCORE! I also asked if it would be possible to wash out the kids cups (we had bought at the Disney Store). Not only did they let me use their kitchen area to wash out the cups, they also informed me that I could get milk from the kitchen area for the kids!

The next morning, breakfast didn't disappoint. They had added French Toast Sticks to the menu. YUM! With a family of five, free breakfast saves us at least $40/day!

Check out was a breeze...and they offered late check out of 11 AM. Next time we go to Minneapolis, we'll be sure to stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites near the Airport/Mall of America.

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice when something like happens. It's even better when it happens while you're traveling with kids!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...