Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shuffle Saturday: I Live For ME

I don't know why it took me this long to realize, but it seems that there's at least one thing about me people don't like. I discovered this when I was posting in a group called "Lost Des Moines" a group that focuses on local preservation. I asked the group founder if it would be okay for me to post about my work with MPIS Ghost Hunters, as a way to get leads on local, possibly haunted hot spots in the area. The founder agreed. Because, honestly, where better to get leads on "activity" than a group of people interested in local history, right?

Oh. My. Goodness. I was told to be shown the door. I was told that I was a "business that dealed in darkness". Um, no. I had to (and had additional friends) defend me. I had to explain that I worked (really hard) to try to save the barn in West Des Moines and that I wasn't a "spammer". I explained that we're a non-profit group trying to help, not harm people. People shouldn't be afraid to live in their own homes. They shouldn't worry about others thinking they're crazy.

And then I started thinking (I know, it's dangerous to think). I'm sure there's at least one thing about me that everyone hates. So I started a list...
I'm an outspoken ghosthunting, barn-saving, Fox News watching, blogging, couponing, history loving, totally fine with my curves, singing, writing, gay accepting, football watching, Cubs baseball loving, Former Co-Chair of Polk GOP-ing, Pro-life Catholic breeder.

There. Pick something. I'm sure you hate something on the list. But you know what? I don't live to make others happy. I live to make ME happy.

Love me or hate me. I'm a whole package. And variety is the spice of life, right? I live a variety. And it makes life fun.

If you feel the need to judge, maybe you should try living instead of judging others. Life is more meaningful that way. You only live once.




I hope to be able to look back at my life, as a very, very old lady surrounded by family and friends and say, "My life, even though it seemed it was full of contradictions, was AWESOME. Because I lived."

1 comment:

  1. i'm in chrome and having issues with the fb share button. like it can't figure out when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...