Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Shuffle Saturday: Pregnancy Pictures on Facebook (Or Anywhere Else on the Internet)

Pregnant and putting picture of your belly on facebook because it's fun? It's not the best idea.

Remember the rule. Don't put anything on the internet you wouldn't want on a billboard somewhere. Would you approve a picture of yourself, pregnant, belly exposed, in a bathroom mirror on a billboard? I doubt it.

Yes. I am pregnant. Maybe that's why I feel I can say it. Maybe it's because I'm "older". Maybe I'm more mature. Maybe it's being taught to be more Conservative. But I know not everyone wants an exposed belly of a friend on their news feed...baby in utero or not.

A few of my younger friends, God bless em, are expecting too. And they'll probably get mad at me for writing this...but I know they'll thank me in a few years...and wonder why they didn't listen....

OMG, we get it. You're pregnant. I really don't need to see a daily/weekly belly pic update from your bathroom mirror. And arch your back a little more...because you didn't stick it out quite as much as you did last week.

Don't get me wrong, I think a pregnant body is beautiful. I just don't want it in my news feed EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Besides, it's not safe. Disagree? So did Jamie Stice.

Don't know who she is? Well, she posted pictures of her belly on facebook, a crazy woman friended her, killed her and cut the baby out of her stomach. Thinking twice now? You should.

Not safe. So remember, if you feel the need to post exposed belly pregnancy pictures on your facebook, know that not everyone appreciates it. And not everyone has the best intentions.

Just trying to keep you and your baby safe. Remember, you might be mad at me now, but you'll thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...