Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Toy Thursday: Turning Cleaning Into A Game

Yes...I did it. I made cleaning fun. The last couple of days I've talked about using lemons and limes to clean, so I thought I'd try the bathtub cleaning I came across. I sliced my lemons and limes, put them in the tub with cold water and let it sit.


I thought the ducks could use a good citrus soak as well.

Liam was not wanting to go to bed, at all. I was exhausted. I knew I needed to drain and scrub the tubs. So I had him help me.

He thought it was fun to squeeze he juice that remained in the lemons and limes, and when we drained the water, he thought it was fun to take a rag and scrub. I was amazed at how easily the soap scum lifted (even with his 6 year old elbow grease). And the bathroom smelled SO good.

The best part? It wore him out. By the second bathtub, he was tired. And he went to bed (willingly)...and slept in!

However, I should note that I took a shower shortly after we had cleaned the tub and I'm not sure if it was the juice or the lifted gunk, but the tub was a little slippery. So be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...