Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Toy Thursday: A Toy For The Sibling

First I want to say Congrats to my co-author Emma for having a beautiful baby girl yesterday. That reminded me of how important it is to make sure her older son feels included in all of the attention.

Every time a friend has a baby, I always get the baby a gift (of course) but I always try to get something for the older sibling(s). Every time my husband and I have a new baby, we make sure the older brothers get a present "from the baby" so they don't feel left out when the baby gets all of the new clothes, toys etc.

Becoming an older sibling is an adjustment. While it's easy to shower gifts on a cute squishy newborn, it's just as important to make sure the older siblings feel involved and included.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...