Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Food Friday: Gestational Diabetes Approved Recipe - Alfredo Sauce

A few weeks ago I posted a meal for Chicken Alfredo. This menu proved acceptable for those with gestational diabetes or who have gluten allergies since I used spaghetti squash instead of regular noodles. I dug around some more for an Alfredo sauce that would go.

I found this great recipe that yes is high in calories but is low in sodium and carbs. According to my doctor, I can cheat with calories elsewhere since I am cutting carbs (this will help me be more full). The lower amount of sodium is noticeably different compared to a jar of Alfredo sauce, making this a nice addition to the recipe.

Here is the review that came with the recipe which I wholeheartedly agree: "
This by far is the easiest and best Alfredo sauce recipe I have found yet! I love pasta and Alfredo and searched forever to make it homemade. I think that too many recipes have too many ingredients and that others are too watery. My girlfriend loves it and makes me cook it at least once a week... plus you can add it to so many different things! This is a great, simple recipe to make for someone coming over for a dinner date."

Alfredo Sauce Ingredients

1/2 cup butter

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 cup half and half
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder (optional)
pepper, to taste

Instructions
Cook together in a pan on the stove. Add some liquid to rewarm the sauce up for leftovers to
keep it from getting too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...