Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Salvation Sunday: A Kind Word Goes a Long Way!

Do you ever remember a time when someone came along with a kind word at the most opportune time in your life? I can think of a few times during my own life journey where someone (usually a mentor, a friend, or someone special) gave profound advice or simply a kind word that changed my general outlook on life. In essence this person offered me hope by reminding me of the important things in life.

Without these words which are still with me to this day, I cannot say for sure where I would be. These words lifted me up and encouraged me along my struggles. These words kept me accountable from doing more harm. These words spoke love and compassion in an often hopeless filled world.

The cool thing is once these words were spoken, they gave me renewed life. And that life became contagious. After kind words, it is easy to pass on a cheerfulness to others. The opposite is true too. Ugly, mean words can tear us down filling us with despair that seems to loom in a halo around us.

God's words are the source of a hope-filled life. His words bring freshness, hope, and cheerfulness like none other. And because of hope-filled words, we can pass on a lifestyle of happiness to others in the forms of words.

Proverbs 25:11 says, "Timely advice is lovely, like golden apples in a silver basket." Try saying something nice to those around you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...