Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sports Saturday! Mommy's Little Football Players (Maybe)

It's the first Sports Saturday and it wouldn't be sports if I didn't include my favorite sport, football. I LOVE watching football. It's on right now. And my husband is vacuuming. That's how Saturdays and Sundays roll in our house. I watch football, cook and do laundry while he cleans.

He's never been that big into sports. He'll watch a game or two with me but I LOVE having football on TV; which is probably why I love fall. And probably why God has blessed me with three boys.

I love watching Notre Dame (which is where Liam says he's going to college--and that's fine with me as long as he has scholarships), Iowa State (where I graduated from) and the Kansas City Chiefs (because when I was 13 I was in love with Joe Montana--I had a Joe Montana poster on my wall, no really, I did).

Watching sports always helped me know what was going on as I was a cheerleader in high school. I always knew what "First and Ten" meant or what a "full back" did. I would play dumb with the joke "I don't know much about football but I know a tight end when I see one" but I could see if the opposing team was going to run a blitz. Yeah, I was that girl. And now I'm that mom.

Liam (my four, almost five year old) is not really into sports...or we haven't found his sport yet. He did gymnastics last year and enjoyed it, but we thought we would mix it up a bit and put him into soccer. It's not really his thing. We're thinking we'll go back to gymnastics soon. Sean, my middle child, he's the sports kid. He's not even 18 months yet but we can tell he'll be the football or rugby player. He likes to tackle. A lot. As you can see he's taking over the four year old below.

Maybe both of my boys will go to Notre Dame...but I predict Sean will have the athletic scholarship.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...