Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wash Wednesday: The Battle of Random Crap around the House!

It was the pink pacifier in the laundry room that made me think of it. Do you ever wonder how things end up where they do?

Take for instance our neighbors pink pacifier left here last week during the 4th of July festivities (I will get it back to you soon, I promise). I found it on the floor among the toys that I picked up and laid it on the counter in order to return it that evening. From there the pacifier made its way upstairs because Judah insisted it needed to be up there. The pacifier found its way shuffled between the changing table and the dresser. Finally, I put it in the hamper with the dirty laundry and recycling so that I would remember to take it back downstairs and give it back. Finally, the dirty laundry came downstairs and as I was sorting, oh yeah, I found the Binky that I still need to return. And now it sits on the counter so that I can sterilize it before returning it....that is until Judah finds it and carries it off again, "because he wants to return it to Baby Anna."

But it was the pink pacifier that reminded me how often I pick up random things around the house and if you have kids then perhaps not just once but twice. In fact some days, that is all the cleaning I seem to get done between husband and kids. I bet you never found dried dandelion seeds at the bottom of a bucket of toys. Or the single crayon that made its way into the bed sheets. And my personal favorite - the random stickers that find their way to my clothes from sitting on the couch.

The worst seems to be that dumping station in the kitchen. You know what I am talking about. Even with a junk drawer (which is really a catch all drawer that is so full that you cannot even open it), you still end up with a pile of junk on your kitchen counter somewhere. It happened to my mom growing up and now to my disgust, it happens in my house. I hate cluttered counters but if you were to look at it right now, you would find the air pump for the air mattress that needs fixed, an Aflac toy duck, an old game cube that needs to be sold, library books, a teething toy, paint sponges that still need washed, and always those miscellaneous papers that somehow multiply.

I always joke about how often I am picking up random crap around my house. By the time I actually pick it up and put it where it belongs, who has time to really clean. Why dust anyways when the crap covers it up....

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...