Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Salvation Sunday: The Speck in my "I"

During quiet time this afternoon, Judah got off his bed before his timer clock changed to its "you can get off now" state. Judah came in my room where I was trying to nap and wanted me to read the Bible to him. What do you do? He disobeyed but you want to raise him up to enjoy reading the Bible.

So I walked him back into his room to his bed saying, "I will read a few verses and then you need to have a longer quiet time." So Judah opened up my Bible pointing to some random verse and says read this.

I started laughing. He pointed right to the passage about "obeying your parents." No lie....He then wanted another verse. And we did some more quiet time but I never got my nap.

On a serious note, God has been convicting me a lot lately about "'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?" This situation turned up the brightness of the light bulb.

Like blaming others when I am the one complaining. Like getting angry at someone for being angry. Like getting grumpy over things I never communicated in the first place. This list goes on. I am certainly guilty and quite often too.

God has used a number of verses that seem to pop out as blatant as the situation above. But this is no laughing matter when reality is I need to take out the speck in my eye. So my prayer is that God will soften my heart to one more tender and responsive in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...