Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Make Monday: Make It A Classy Summer/Pregnancy

With the warmer weather coming, I've been thinking, how am I going to keep cool? I'm not due with this baby until August! My youngest son was born (in the super heat) of early July, so I've already made it through a June before...but July, August? It's going to be hot.

What I know I won't be doing is exposing myself. You probably just chuckled at that, didn't you? But isn't that what we do when we wear a two piece? I think being pregnant is a beautiful thing, HOWEVER, are we not told to be modest by the Bible?

I came across an article, written by a friend of mine and I have to agree with everything she writes. Since I've been married, I haven't worn a two piece. You don't need to wear a bikini to swim, a one piece suit does just fine. The only thing a bikini does is cause men to lust after you. And as a married woman who takes her vows seriously, this is something I want to avoid.

She writes, "Another issue to consider is that God calls all people to control their thought lives, so as women, we should not cause men to lust: "You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Matthew 5:27-29). When we cause men to look upon our bodies lustfully, we are inducing them to commit the sin of lust and this is displeasing to God."

I think this falls under the "exposed belly" pregnancy pictures category as well. If the pictures are for your personal family album, fine. If you post them to the internet? No. Once they're out there, anyone can snag them, sell them and use them for unintended purposes. Were you aware there are men who have a pregnancy fetish? I don't understand it, but it does exist. As a married woman and mother, I think it is wrong (and displeasing to God who has blessed you with a child) to expose your body in a manner that may cause others to lust upon you.

So if you see me this summer, know that I'll be wearing a top and shorts to keep cool. No belly exposed. Yes, it will be hot...but if one does not follow the letter of the Lord, it is hotter, well...you know where.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...