Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Make Monday: Make It Natural

What can I say? I've been on a natural kick lately. I saw a news report on Fox News that talked about how we're "poisoning" our pregnant women (me, eeep) and our children. And I kind of freaked out. They were tying it in with the increase in ADHD in our children. Again, eep.

So what is the culprit? There are many, but one is our cleaning products. Yes. The theory is our cleaning products are poisoning us (yes, they used the word poison). We do so many things when pregnant to make sure we're healthy and it's the cleaning products that are harming us? That was enough for me to research more natural methods.

If you're a regular reader of the blog, I posted a few weeks ago about how I've been using fresh lemons and limes to clean. Honestly, my house has never been cleaner or smelled better. And I don't have to worry about the chemicals affecting me, my boys or my unborn child.

I bought a steam cleaning mop off of woot during their last woot-off and instead of the Swiffer wet to clean our wood and tile floors, I tried the steam mop. It was so easy, did such a great job and left the floors cleaner (more clean?) than I've ever seen. And again, no chemicals.

I've been trying to live by the phrase "research then react". Seems to be working for me. Have you tried natural cleaning methods in your home? What has worked for you?

1 comment:

  1. love my steam cleaner. just don't use it often. cleaning has never been a priority here. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...