Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Tooth Thursday: The Dentist with Our 4 Year Old...And I Feel The Worst.

Brendan (4), aka B, had three cavities filled today.  He played with another little boy (his mom called him T and he was 6) with Legos in the waiting room.



B climbed into the chair, and when the dental assistant said, "I have to put this bib on you," B replied, "I know."

I said, "It's not Cavity Carl's first rodeo." He's had three cavities before.

The dentist thinks it's due to a lack of enamel. Dr. Kerby asked if I had taken antibiotics during pregnancy, and I had. And yes, I feel bad.

The 6 year old was in the chair next door. He was SCREAMING. B said, "What's his problem?" The assistant said, "He has to have one cavity filled. They are just putting the bib on him."

B replied, "I have free (3) cavities! And have da bib. And he's older dan me!"
I reminded him, "It's not a competition, dear."

B had "the gas" to help with the pain.



I asked B what he wanted, if he was good. Last night, his oldest brother got a slinky after a good parent/teacher conference. So, of course, all he wanted was a "swinky" of his own.

He sat so very still, he had tears in his eyes, the assistant wiped them away with the bib when they would run down his face. But he never once complained. One of his cavities was between his front teeth, and they had to get special small equipment to help fill it. B was a trooper.


And he got his "swinky" at Target after the fillings. I feel like a horrible mom, for him having low enamel on his teeth because of my antibiotics when I was pregnant with him, but God blessed us with such a tolerant and strong little dude.

Way to go, B. And yes, Mommy is sorry.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you'd specified what type of antibiotics you took exactly... My Woodridge dentist has never told me anything about antibiotics during pregnancy and its effects on tooth enamel and now you've got me worried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dental implants are artificial devices to replace the tooth root used in prosthetic dentistry (artificial replacement) to compensate for tooth loss. Often, the result is not http://www.allwhite3000.com/teeth-whitening-machines/ only an enhanced smile, but also a youthful appearance, because the missing teeth can create an aged appearance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...