Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tip Tuesday: Muddy Boots in your Car!

Recently we got a new car. Since our Ford Escape was past the 200, 000 mile tune up and the bearings were making sounds we decided to upgrade at the end of the year with a Toyota Highlander. We can actually hear each other talk now. And even though we are still a one car family, at least we can make sure we have a more reliable car.

This car is a Limited hybrid with leather interior. The only bragging I am going to do, however, is put a plug in for my husband who managed to talk the sales guys into taking off almost $5, 000 off this 2007 used gray vehicle.

The only problem to date (knock on wood) with our new car is making the purchase smack dab in the middle of winter. MUD...SAND....SALT....your freshly cleaned car does not always keep so clean then.

Yes, we put the rubber shoe mats down for every seat. And we keep the car clean in between snow falls with wet, slushy streets.

So what is the problem, you ask? MUDDY, SOAKING WET, FILTHY WINTER BOOTS!

We have a 3 1/2 year old with muddy boots that has seemed to grow a little taller to reach the back of the new leather seats. He likes to kick the seat and even though we work on trying not to kick the seat, what little 3 1/2 year old remembers every time. Plus if he gets himself into his own car seat, he cannot manage on his own unless he uses the seat for a step stool.

Sounds all to familiar, right. More than kicking my back as I am driving, I find myself upset about the new leather seats. I know they can be wiped off but still every parent has high hopes that something will last longer than it really will. So I should get over it, right. But we just got it.

So I keep telling my husband to put plastic over the seat. His reply: "And how do you propose I do that (as he complains about getting it to stay or ruining the leather)?"

Well, we have yet to try it but what about those disposable table place mats that you can by at Walmart. The sticky removes easily making a permanent attachment unlikely or leaving marks. The picture would be fun for the kids. The place mat lays flat over the covered surface intended. And you can always replace with limited hassle. I think I might try it.


2 comments:

  1. Joyce says on Facebook: Put old bath towels under car seats, under rubber floor mats. They catch the wet and the mess. Take out once a week, air dry, and shake out. Wash as rags, dry, replace. Reuse, recycle, ect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay says on Facebook: Good idea! The adhesive may leave a mark/residue on cloth seat backs, but would probably be ok on the leather. I was going to suggest a poncho.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...