Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Food Friday: Gluten Free Recipe - Shepherd's Meatloaf


My sister-in-law gave me this recipe for my freezer shortly before Judah was born. I remember that only meat and potato type meals seem to fill me up with the nutritious calories I needed for nursing. And this was one of those meals.

Not only is portion of meatloaf delicious, but it is a guaranteed gluten free recipe. My brother-in-law is constantly on the look out for such recipes and having gestational diabetes in the past, I understand how important it is to have recipes like this on hand for special dietary needs.

So eat healthy and eat tasty!

Ingredients

1 pound lean chuck beef
2 tablespoons diced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 cooked medium potato, mashed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms sliced or 1 can drained

Directions

In an 8 inch loaf pan, mix meat, onion, salt, potato, garlic powder and egg, thoroughly and form loaf. Firmly press mushroom slices over entire surface of loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. Slice and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...